16 March 2016, Mecure Holland House Hotel, Cardiff
Chaired by BBC presenter – Jamie Owen
The Well-being of Future Generations Act will come into effect from April 2016. This is a major milestone in how we deliver the Wales We Want for future generations. The Act champions a shared purpose and new opportunities to work together to develop a more sustainable Wales.
Over 6,500 Welsh businesses, public bodies, third sector groups, academics and politicians have been part of the journey which has led Wales to this historic point, where the United Nations have said: What Wales is Doing Today, the World will do Tomorrow.
This event will provide you with an exciting opportunity to engage with the next steps for Sustainable Development in Wales.
The event will bring together the Minister for Natural Resources, the new Future Generations Commissioner Sophie Howe and the Chair of the Climate Change Commission for Wales Peter Davies to:
- Mark an important transition in how we govern for sustainable development in Wales, catalysed by the WFG Act.
- Provide a space for ideas to be discussed with the Welsh Government about the future of the SD Charter.
- Provide a platform for the Future Generations Commissioner to speak about her role and provide a mechanism for delegates to reflect, discuss and shape future plans.
- Reflect on what has worked well regarding SD in Wales in recent years including thoughts on the Climate Change Commission for Wales.
- Share your learning and ideas with others.
To book please go to our Eventbrite page.